Last year, I wrote a blog post detailing my accomplishments of 2017 and what I hoped to accomplish in 2018. I didn’t meet all of my goals, but most notably what I did accomplish was introducing video into my repertoire. Mix Emergency and the use of music videos brought my game up significantly and I will continue to promote the service in 2019. It’s still taking time and money to build a sufficient video collection, but it’s well worth the investment.
Here are well-defined goals that I’ve set up for myself for 2019:
- Obtain advertising placement on The Wedding Wire and/or The Knot for at least three months.
- Create a festival-like event with fellow DJs Sean, Eric & Zack at Dartmouth College.
- Create monthly mixes lasting roughly thirty minutes each and post them on my website.
- Play at one bar or lounge while on an away rotation during my third or fourth year of medical school.
- Create a video gig log for at least one event and publish it on my YouTube channel.